Marijke Roelants is counsel at contrast.
Marijke specializes in corporate law and M&A and advises companies on a broad range of legal topics including M&A transactions, commercial contracts, restructurings and directors' liability. She is an experienced litigator in shareholder conflicts, financial products, post-acquisition claims and liability.
Marijke serves on the editorial board of 'Tijdschrift voor Rechtspersoon en Vennootschap – Revue Pratique des Sociétés', Belgium’s leading review on corporate law, financial law and tax law. Marijke speaks and publishes regularly. Recent publications include 'The principal and the distributor in one company: a short guide for the company lawyer' and 'The corporate interest as a measure for the "lion clause"' (a typical legal issue for investment structures in Belgium).
Marijke speaks Dutch, French and English.
- University of Brussels (VUB) (Lic. Jur., 2004)
- Katholieke Universiteit Brussel (KUB) (Bach. Jur., 2001)
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve (UCL) (Postgraduate European studies, 2000)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven) (Master in literature and linguistics: English and Dutch, 1999)
- contrast (2016-present)
- Member of the Brussels Bar (2004-2016)